Machine Shop Lead – Evening/Night Shift
Now is a great time to join Galland Henning Nopak, a leader in fluid power located in the Greater Milwaukee Area. As our fourth-generation family held business undertakes a significant growth initiative, we’re looking to add an additional evening shift to meet our production needs as we grow. The ideal candidate is a reliable, detailed oriented person with the ability to multitask. This is a great role to develop into a supervisor when the time is right.
Employees that love to drive change and improvement while enjoying a fast pace of their day thrive in our work environment.
The Machine Shop Lead will manage, direct and coordinate activities related to machining to maximize productivity while maintaining quality and meeting customer delivery deadlines. Individual will be results-oriented and priority-driven, with proven ability to execute targeted goals.
Hours for this role are (4) 10 hour shifts- either 4pm to 2am or 8pm to 6am.
Description of Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Be aware of set jobs rates, and maintain them daily
- Follow the daily and weekly priority that set by production planners and ensure to complete them as planned
- Be able to setup and run CNC and Lathe machines
- Responsible to lead all production activities within defined area.
- Set up and operate machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to preform machining operations
- Read blueprints or job order to determine product specifications and tooling instructions
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Keep workplace safe, clean, and organized
- Ensure proper placement of tools at the end of the shift
- Help with trouble shooting when needed
Description of other duties that may be assigned: Perform general shop duties including, but not limited to: mechanical assembly, testing, material handling, simple deburring, non-skilled machining, and other production related duties as assigned by supervision. Must adhere to safety standards. During high production peaks may be asked to perform production work. Perform light housekeeping duties (5S) duties as prescribed by management, and all other tasks as required by management.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years progressive lead experience or equivalent experience in non-lead roles
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Understanding of production procedures
- Accountable for achieving production goals and benchmarks.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions required in manufacturing setting.
- Leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Should have a demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Previous machine shop background desired.
- Familiar with ISO or other Quality Standards.