Shipping & Receiving
Now is a great time to join Galland Henning Nopak. As our fourth-generation family held business continues our growth journey, we’re looking to add ambitious and energetic individuals with some warehouse education or experience to learn more and grow within our team. This is a great role for someone looking to have an impact in our shipping processes.
A dedication to a positive goal-oriented environment and personal development is a must. Willingness to speak up and be heard on how we can get out of our day-to-day comfort zone and improve is a big plus. We pride ourselves on helping energetic and moldable employees thrive in our entrepreneurial and fast-paced culture. If you’re looking for the chance to learn and make an impact, we would love to add you to our team.
We offer flexible shift schedules as well as performance and profit-based incentives to help you work at your best level and be compensated for it.
The Shipping and Receiving Coordinator will verify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include packaging, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, verifying, and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products.
Description of Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare documents such as packing slips, bills of lading and material receipts.
- Use computers to enter, access or retrieve data
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, tracking information, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements and/or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
- Inspects incoming packaging for damage and specifies the poor condition on the BOL before they sign.
- Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools, power tools, or postage meter.
- Deliver or route materials to departments using hand truck, forklift, overhead crane, or sorting bins.
- Determine shipping methods, routes, or rates for materials to be shipped.
- Package items using foam or paper. This includes having to build pallets for freight shipments.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
Description of other duties that may be assigned: Perform general shop duties including, but not limited to: mechanical assembly, testing, material handling, simple deburring, non-skilled machining, and other production related duties as assigned by supervision. Must adhere to safety standards. During high production peaks may be asked to perform production work. Perform light housekeeping duties (5S) duties as prescribed by management, and all other tasks as required by management.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in shipping environment, preferably manufacturing.
- Attention to detail
- Accountable for achieving production goals and benchmarks.
- Ability to be flexible and open to a wide variety of tasks and provide support when needed.
- A desire to work in a small team-based environment and contribute immediately
- Must be self-reliant and ready to work on all aspects of the position
- General knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions required in manufacturing setting.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective computer skills
- Should have a demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- CLERICAL – Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records and other office procedures and terminology.
- PRODUCTION & PROCESSING – Knowledge of shipping software and different types of transportation methods, carriers, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- LANGUAGE – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar