CNC Machinist – 1st Shift
Now is a great time to join Galland Henning Nopak. As our fourth-generation family held business continues our growth journey, we’re looking to add ambitious and energetic individuals with some machining education or experience to learn more and grow within our team. This is a great role for someone looking to use their knowledge of tooling and fixturing applications, extend their CNC programming, and expand lean manufacturing skills in a fast-paced and continuously improving manufacturing environment.
We offer a wage review after 90 days along with annual merit reviews!!! A dedication to a positive goal-oriented environment and personal development is a must. Willingness to speak up and be heard on how we can get out of our day-to-day comfort zone and improve is a big plus. We pride ourselves on helping energetic and moldable employees thrive in our entrepreneurial and fast-paced culture. If you’re looking for the chance to learn and make an impact, we would love to add you to our team.
We offer flexible shift schedules as well as performance and profit-based incentives to help you work at your best level and be compensated for it.”
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set-up, adjust and operate shop machine tools to perform complex machining operations on a variety of close tolerance work in a high mix short lead time environment
- Operate CNC machining equipment, and a variety of supporting equipment to perform a series of progressive machining operations to meet precise tolerance and finish requirements.
- Work from detailed and involved drawings and specifications. Machine types to include CNC Vertical Mills, CNC Horizontal boring bars, CNC lathes, assorted manual machines, special purpose machines, etc.
- Work can range from smaller less complicated work to large and expensive work or smaller work of complicated nature having critical and exacting requirements as to tolerance and finish.
- Lay out and self-inspect workmanship.
- Diagnose and rectify tooling problems and machine malfunctions.
- Use a wide variety of precision measuring instruments and perform complex inspection of machining specifications and criteria.
- Knowledge of deburring techniques and ability to operate a variety of deburr and finishing equipment.
- Active and integral participation in machining improvement Kaizens / Lean efforts
Description of other duties that may be assigned: Perform general shop duties including, but not limited to: material handling, simple deburring, non-skilled machining, and other production related duties as assigned by supervision.
Must adhere to safety standards.
Perform light housekeeping duties (5S) and light preventative maintenance duties as prescribed by management, and all other tasks as required by management.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate).
- Trade school certificate preferred, or a mix of experience and education.
- 1 year of CNC machining experience (classroom work will count).
- Requires knowledge of CNC and conventional machining and machine shop theory.
- General knowledge of G and M code and able to perform simple set-ups.
- Requires the ability to use a tablet to follow work schedule and record labor.
- Requires knowledge of materials, using fixtures, and understanding the use of the appropriate tooling for the job they are running.
- Must have demonstrated ability to adhere to quality standards, criteria, and drawing specification.
- Must display a strong “sense of urgency” and can do approach and possess a passion for reducing costs
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees and management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or 10-50 pounds while moving product or small packages. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Protective Clothing Required: Safety glasses, steel-toe shoes. Gloves are available and recommended.
Work is performed in a shop environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration, The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.