Now is a great time to join Galland Henning Nopak, a leader in fluid power located in the Greater Milwaukee Area. As our fourth-generation family held business undertakes a significant growth initiative, we’re looking to add a programmer to meet our production needs as we grow. The ideal candidate is a reliable, detailed oriented person with the ability to multitask.
Employees that love to drive change and improvement while enjoying a fast pace of their day thrive in our work environment.
The Programmer/Machinist will manage, direct and coordinate all programming activities related to machining to maximize productivity while maintaining quality and meeting customer delivery deadlines. Individual will be results-oriented and priority-driven, with proven ability to execute targeted goals.
Description of Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Program all machining work centers using MasterCam and manual programming techniques for all CNC equipment
- Create and maintain all part routings and manufacturing standards within ERP system
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Be aware of set jobs rates, and maintain them daily
- Follow the daily and weekly priority that set by production planners and ensure to complete them as planned
- Be able to setup and run CNC and Lathe machines
- Setup and change over Mill and Lathe machines for machinists to optimize the machine utilization daily
- Utilize solid models to generate programs, work layouts, and setup instructions
- Develop, manage, and update 3D models of all CNC machine work envelopes, work holding and fixturing
- Develop and institute standardized rules, strategies, routines, and techniques for all CNC operations: including work holding concepts, tooling approach strategy, roughing/finishing sequence, stock removal rates for roughing/finishing, and machining application routines
- Manage and maintain standardized electronic work instruction format (setup sheets) across all CNC equipment, with Manufacturing Engineering support
- Maintain data integrity and accuracy between part routing, CNC program, and work instructions, with Manufacturing Engineering support
- Institute and maintain electronic tooling database library & identification numbers for all CNC tooling, with Manufacturing Engineering support
- Evaluate improvement potential within CAM software to optimize efficiency/accuracy and recommend improvements
- Manage all CNC program libraries for most current/accurate version
- Manage DNC Predator system for program uploads, verification of accuracy, and overall system update to latest version
- Manage all CNC controllers to ensure program consistency and that programs are not kept in CNC controls, with Supervisor support
- Responsible to lead all production activities within defined area.
- Set up and operate machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to preform machining operations
- Read blueprints or job order to determine product specifications and tooling instructions
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Keep workplace safe, clean, and organized
- Help with trouble shooting when needed
Description of other duties that may be assigned: Perform general shop duties including, but not limited to: mechanical assembly, testing, material handling, simple deburring, non-skilled machining, and other production related duties as assigned by supervision. Must adhere to safety standards. During high production peaks may be asked to perform production work. Perform light housekeeping duties (5S) duties as prescribed by management, and all other tasks as required by management.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years progressive lead experience or equivalent experience in non-lead roles
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Understanding of production procedures
- Accountable for achieving production goals and benchmarks.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions required in manufacturing setting.
- Leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Should have a demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Previous machine shop background desired.
- Familiar with ISO or other Quality Standards.