Now is a great time to join Galland Henning Nopak, a leader in fluid power located in the Greater Milwaukee Area. As our fourth-generation family held business undertakes a significant growth initiative, we’re looking to add a material handler to meet our production needs as we grow. The ideal candidate is a reliable, detailed oriented person with the ability to multitask.
Employees that love to drive change and improvement while enjoying a fast pace of their day thrive in our work environment.
The Material Handler performs various coordination activities to support company operations and maximize company revenue and profitability.
Description of Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provides organization of daily job orders from Production Planning to machine work centers and assembly line to maximize manufacturing output and assure on-time delivery.
- Coordinates sales orders to the Assembly Line and distributes work load to assembly line
- Directs material flow and proper staging in the work centers utilizing pick sheets
- Receives, checks in all incoming parts to stockroom and distributes them physically and in the system
- Advises Material Manager of inventory discrepancies and location inaccuracies.
- Prepare and process documents, such as work orders, and route material.
- Coordinates all outside processing operations
- Deliver and route material to departments
- Demonstrate ability to use a variety of basic measuring instruments (scale, tape measure, dial caliper) to verify/validate accurate part identification.
- Conduct weekly inventory cycle counts
- Supports Material flow improvements and lean concepts to be implemented.
- Inventory cycle counts as needed
- Carries out duties in accordance with company policies and applicable employment laws.
Description of other duties that may be assigned: Perform general shop duties including, but not limited to: mechanical assembly, testing, material handling, simple deburring, non-skilled machining, and other production related duties as assigned by supervision. Must adhere to safety standards. During high production peaks may be asked to perform production work. Perform light housekeeping duties (5S) duties as prescribed by management, and all other tasks as required by management.
- Requires education generally equivalent to a high school diploma.
- Requires 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees and management.
- Requires the ability to use a personal computer and word processing, spreadsheet, and production software.
- Requires knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of standard office equipment such as a computer, telephone, copy/fax machine.