OEM Sales Representative
- Develops OEM sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts and solicitating new accounts.
- Establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or industry.
- Focuses sales efforts on long term and repeatable OEM business.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual customer analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assesses competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends; identifying sales opportunities.
- Accomplishes set department and organization goals, along with individual goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales or Engineering or equivalent
- Sales experience of 7+ years
- Track record of over-achieving quota and closing business
- Experience with using customer relationship management software
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Strong contacts within the industrial sector
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and driven
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, employees and management
- Knowledge/experience and familiarity of our products and industry
- Requires the ability to use a personal computer and word processing, spreadsheet, and production software
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time
- Will report to the Vice President of Sales
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in OEM industrial sales with familiarity of cylinders, valves and accumulators. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.